ON BBC World News yesterday Tam Fry from the National Obesity Forum spoke about the increase of obesity world-wide.
Their Global Obesity study showed:
- Almost 30% of people are obese or overweight.
- The US makes up 13% of the obese population
- Two-thirds of obese people live in developing countries.
- China and India represent 15% of obesity world-wide.
- No country has cut obesity since the 1980’s
Mr. Fry suggests those in China and India are adopting western habits and moving away from their traditional cultural diet by eating at well-known fast food places, mostly because it’s a chic thing to do. Some countries in the Middle East also have the thought of obesity as a sign that one doing well economically. Continue reading